Pompey’s favourite party political podcast returns with hosts Ian ‘Tiny’ Morris and Simon Sansbury for the fifth of what they hoped would be six General Election 2019 special episodes. However, with the two incumbents – Stephen Morgan and Penny Mordaunt – kept away by calendar commitments, our intrepid hosts subject themselves to the political questions their guests have faced from the Pot of Pondering (see list of questions below).
The full list of questions in the Pot is:
1. Turnout in 2017 GE was 69%. How do we increase voter participation in our democracy?
2. If cost wasn’t an object, what physical changes would you make to parliament?
3. FPTP – protector of our democratic institutions, or a burden?
4. If tomorrow you were Chancellor of the Exchequer – what would be your first act?
5. Name the policy of your political opponents you like the most – and why?
6. Which one of your party’s policies are you most proud of (no Brexit answers)?
7. If you could change anything about the 2016 referendum (excluding the result), what would it be?
8. What do you admire most about one of the other main party candidates standing against you?
9. Do you think the NHS will always remain free at point of use?
You can find this episode of the Pompey Politics Podcast on Soundcloud.
Don’t miss the first in their GE2019 specials, with Conservative candidate for Portsmouth South, Donna Jones.
Don’t miss the second in their GE2019 specials, with Labour candidate for Portsmouth North, Amanda Martin.
Don’t miss the third in their GE2019 specials, with Liberal Democrat candidate for Portsmouth South, Gerald Vernon-Jackson.
Don’t miss the fourth in their GE2019 specials, with Liberal Democrat candidate for Portsmouth North, Antonia Harrison.
In Case You Missed It: