S&C are delighted to partner with Portsmouth Writers’ Hub, the University of Portsmouth, and New Writing South to offer a masterclass in being published and promoting yourself as a writer, at the University of Portsmouth on 25th June 2017.
- Get your fiction and journalism published in the press (and get paid for it!)
- Maximise your research by using it across different media platforms
- Find new audiences & readers for your books by building followers through engagement with shorter pieces
- Build your writer’s profile online
- Use social media to boost your writing career
- Understand which platforms are best for you
- Avoid time drains and other pitfalls
Sunday 25th June 2017, 9.30am-4.00pm
Please note this event will now take place at the University of Portsmouth, Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue and not at the University Library. See here for map.
Sarah Cheverton is Editor-in-Chief of local news and commentary site Star & Crescent. She is also Writer-in-Residence for the voluntary sector
organisation Aurora New Dawn, as well as a writer, lover of Portsmouth and blogging contributor for Huffington Post UK.
Tom Sykes is a widely published writer, Portsmouth University senior lecturer and Co-editor of Star & Crescent. He has 12 years of professional writing experience including publications in The Telegraph, New Statesman, The Scotsman, Private Eye and New Internationalist.
The S&C Masterclass is brought to you in association with New Writing South, Portsmouth Writers’ Hub, Star & Crescent and the School of Media and Performing Arts, Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries, University of Portsmouth.